Community
Search
Notices

TT50 Raptor.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2022, 02:39 AM

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts
Default TT50 Raptor.

This morn started restoring 25yo model that was sitting in an open shed for a decade+ in attrociest condition. Seized engine, sorted out after bit of drama but now the carby barrel, only hoping that Inox penetration might loosen it after few days, (any hints most welcomed, with out removing the engine).
I had to do bit of micro surgery to the front Elev. vertical control arm with its plastic ball link split open. After cutting the broken end off I have glued on larger more solid one secured with 2 micro bolts.
Easy fix rather than hoping to get a part and nightmare to replace it. There's always an easier way, LOL.

Anyone experienced with this model, what's the Nitro % I shoud mix for TT50 with the tuned pipe? How many turns of main needle? and what glow plug for reliable operation? Never run this brand before so any hing might come usefull, TX.

Broken ball link on front control arm.

Bringing it back to life for a fried getting back into it after 10+ year brake, LOL.

Totally seized carby barrel!
Old 08-19-2022, 02:05 AM

After bit of nightmare I have managed to remove the whole carby, it was totally seized! Open torch sort it it out, pulled apart to give it full ovehaul service.
Now just like new, all hooked up ready for a play. LOL.

Seized carby removal.

Fully overhauled and hooked up with 3 turns on M/N and 2.5 on Idle to start with.
Old 08-20-2022, 02:01 AM

Couldn't start it on suggested 2.5 turns Idle screw, after doubling it to full 5 turns seem to idle well with transition. Just about ready to give it a short test fly on my radio set up, before handing it back to its owner.

First warm up run after a long decade break.
Old 06-14-2024, 05:15 PM

Forgot about this one, all fixed, flown and given back to the owner, - putting it back on the shelf, still unflowned after my re-juvenation.
While someone gave me the same model years ago in much worse state as a freebee, I had it stuck under my bench for a long time
till I finally decided to do something about it.
Huge job to bring it back to life, currently running-in the totally seized carby/engine after its full overhaul, just about ready for its Premiere
flight after completion of the badly damaged canopy that was on it.

The state I got it years ago.

Totally seized carby/engine!

After overhaul.

Setting it up.

Running-in new piston ring.